Thursday, April 2, 2009

Things to Make and Do

During my last visit home, I snagged this book from the toy closet, but don't worry, I did ask my mother for permission. I remember looking through it as a young girl. It is called Things to Make and Do and is part of The Book Shelf for Boys and Girls. As I began thumbing through the book, each page made me smile. Did any of you have this same book as a youngster? The topics and pictures are really old school and thought would be fun to share, so I will. I don't really know the publishing date because that page is missing, but it has that nice old smell to it.


How to Make Good Lemonade
For 4 people you wil need:
*
*
These Ingredients:
1 cup sugar
3 lemons
4 maraschino cherries
8 cubes of ice
4 cups of water
*
*
These Utensils:
Fruit juicer
Measuring cup
Saucepan with handle
*
*
1. Put the sugar in a saucepan
2. Add 1 cup of water. Place over the fire.
3. Bring to a boil. Then boil for 5 minutes.
4. Remove from fire.
5. Add 3 cups of cold water
6. Squeeze enough lemons to make 1/2 cup of lemon juice.
7. Add the lemon juice and stir.
8. Place 2 ice cubes and a red cherry in each glass.
9. Fill glasses with lemonade.
Now, I haven't tried the recipe yet, but I will-because I really love lemonade. In the meantime, let me know how it taste, but don't get mad at me if it doesn't taste good.


1 comment:

Jenn said...

I think we had that book growing up! How fun!